THE DIAZ LAW FIRM, PLLC, from 2007 to present.
- Founder and Manager of law firm focusing on civil litigation as well as bilingual (Spanish-English) mediation and arbitration.
STATE DISTRICT JUDGE, 224TH DISTRICT COURT, from 2004 to 2006.
- Appointed by Governor Rick Perry to Bexar County civil trial court of unlimited monetary jurisdiction handling all classes of civil litigation.
- One of the highest rated Civil District Court Judges in the 2005 San Antonio Bar Association Judicial Performance Poll.
- Recipient “Honorary Young Lawyer of the Year Award” given annually by San Antonio Young Lawyers’ Association.
STATE COMMISSIONER, TEXAS ONESTAR NATIONAL SERVICE COMMISSION, from 2003 to 2004.
- Oversight responsibility for all Federal AmeriCorp Funds for the State of Texas as well as the Governor’s Mentoring Initiative and the Texas Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives; Policy Planning Committee Chair.
GENERAL COUNSEL - The Republican Party of Texas from 2002 to 2004.
- Supervised litigation and provided legal counsel for the Republican Party of Texas and the State Republican Executive Committee, including the 2004 State Republican Convention.
- Represented the Party in the 2003 Texas Legislature regarding proposed reforms of the Texas Election Code.
BROCK & PERSON, P.C. – Shareholder and Associate from 1993 to 2004.
- Active General Civil Practice including first chair trial experience in tort and contract litigation, products liability, employment discrimination, sexual harassment/sexual abuse and construction litigation.
- Advised businesses on labor and employment issues, insurance and commercial transactions.
- Mediated hundreds of cases involving personal injury, insurance, commercial, employment and family law issues.
BRANTON & HALL, P.C. - Associate Attorney from 1990 to 1993.
- Civil litigation associate with significant first chair trial experience in products liability, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, consumer and general tort litigation.
- Substantial experience in mediation of personal injury, consumer and insurance law claims in both pre-suit and litigation cases.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts, 1985, with Double Major, International Relations and Latin American Studies, including a proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Served in Student Government as an elected representative.
REGENT UNIVERSITY, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Joint Degree - Juris Doctorate in Law and Master of Arts in Public Policy, 1990.
- Intern – U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Latin American Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- Master’s Thesis: “Suing Churches for Brainwashing: A Legitimate Tort or A Threat To Religious Freedom?” Published by University Microfilms, 1992.
- Instrumental in the founding the new Regent University Law Review.
- Student Bar Association, elected representative.
THE ATTORNEY / MEDIATORS INSTITUTE, Dallas, Texas
- Certification Course; Attorney-Mediator, 2002.
STATE BAR OF TEXAS, State Bar No. 05804775
- Admitted to practice before all Texas Courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas; Member of Litigation and Family Law Sections.
SAN ANTONIO BAR ASSOCIATION
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Chair 2006 -2007, Co-Chair 2005-2006.
- Member of Litigation and Family Sections, District Courts Committee and SABA singers.
TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF MEDIATORS, Member.
WILLIAM S. SESSIONS AMERICAN INNS OF COURT, Member.
TEXAS BAR FOUNDATION and SAN ANTONIO BAR FOUNDATION, Fellow.
THE MEXICAN-AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION, Member.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF SAN ANTONIO, Vice-Chair, Board of Directors, 2007.
BEXAR COUNTY DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER, Advisory Board Member, 2006.
BEXAR COUNTY JUVENILE BOARD MEMBER, 2005 – 2006.
Oversight responsibility of the Bexar County Juvenile Probation Department.